Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Private US World Cup ticket pre-sale ends today

Today marks the final day for the pre-sale of US World Cup tickets. If you received an email password from US Soccer and have not yet sent in your application, you best do so before 5pm CST today.

Since all tickets that have not been sold will be made available to the general public on Friday, January 6, 2006, at 9 a.m. CT, I think it is safe to assume that those of us who have put in an application for tickets will find out tomorrow (Jan 5) if we get them or not.

If you did put in an application, please feel free to leave a comment stating if you got the tickets or not. I know a lot of people are worried about this especially after the whole fax-fiasco on Dec 12.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Latest word (read: rumor) on BigSoccer is that we won't know about ticekts until the 'middle or end of January'. They aren't even that optomistic that we will know before the last FIFA lottery deadline. USSF really screwed this up.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Mike H said...

John,

I was hoping that wasn't true. Guess we will know soon. If this is true, then USSF is in for a real sh*t storm.

thanks for letting me know.

11:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike,
If Friday comes and goes and we are not notified about tickets, then yes, USSF should be in for a real sh*t storm. But for some reason I am not optimistic that the storm will ever arrive. I expect by the time the WC comes around everyone will be so wrapped up in supporting the team that some bureaucrat over at the USSF won't have to worry about being reprimanded for screwing everything up.
I would love to use our site to rip USSF to shreds, but I have been biting my tongue in the hopes of getting someone over there to do an interview explaining the mess. But I guess that is silly of me to expect that they would want to communicate with their fan base.

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home