Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Mo Johnston gets MetroStars gig

MetroStars President and General Manager Alexi Lalas has named Mo Johnston the head coach of the MetroStars. Johnston took over with just three games remaining and got his side to the playoffs where they made the Revolution beat them.

"I am thrilled that my first head coaching job can come here in Major League Soccer with the MetroStars," said MetroStars head coach Mo Johnston. "Working with Alexi and moving into the new stadium in 2007, certainly make this job the best in MLS, and I am honored that I have been given this opportunity. Now, I am excited about getting to work to bring our great fans the championship that they want so badly."

Good for Mo and best of luck during a full season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home