Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Christian Gomez apologizes for spitting

Christian Gomez put out a written statement late yesterday apologizing for spitting on Chicago defender C.J. Brown.

The note reads:

"I want to apologize to my teammates, the fans, the club and Major League Soccer for my actions. What I did was wrong and I am deeply sorry for what happened. It was a frustrating night and I let the emotions get the best of me. People who know me know that those are not characteristics of who I am as a person."

I really like Gomez and think it is a shame that the last image of him from this season involves something so classless. He is better then that and he knows it. He will be suspended for at least the first match of the 2006 season. I would not be that surprised, or upset, if the league adds a match to the suspension. Spitting on someone might not cause body parts to break, but it is extremely insulting and the league might want to make an example.

Anyway, good for Gomez for admitting his mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home