Thursday, August 11, 2005

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse deals with racist fans

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse discussed the racist actions of various CSKA fans during last night's match. After Cisse scored the opening goal, some "people" started making monkey noises. This is really weak. You might not like that your team has gone down a goal, but to sink to the lowest level of human reactions is just disgusting. Cisse sums it up best:

"It's a shame this happens but there are lots of stupid people sometimes at these games and as a player you can't do anything about it. You can say Uefa should take stronger action when it happens but I'm not sure what they can do about it. You can't really stop these kind of people doing this ... I'm a strong enough person to deal with this and I don't let it affect me. I'm just sad we have to talk about these issues rather than the football."

So true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home