Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Could Red Bull be the reason Amado Guevara stayed?

I was just working on something else when a thought crossed my mind, "what if Amado Guevara stayed with the MetroStars because he knew new ownership was coming?"

Now I have no proof at all about this, but it does seem to fit. This Red Bull deal had to be coming together by the beginning of February (the start of training camp), so maybe someone whispered into Guevara's ear that his great enemy, MetroStars President/General Manager, Alexi Lalas might not be around much longer. That would explain the quick turn around.

That is not the only reason Guevara would have come back to his club, but it would explain how the war of words could be resolved so quickly. I know it is not the worse word war in the history of the sport, but some of the things said during the off season would lead one to think that Guevara might hold out and try to force a trade.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this, but I thought I would put it out there to see what other people think.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Considering human nature, I think you are on to something here. Makes loads of sense.

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home