Thursday, November 10, 2005

MLS Goal of the Year

I didn't think they were going to hand out this award till tomorrow, but it is out. After all the voting the winner of the Sierra Mist Goal of the Year is Dwayne De Rosario. This marks the second year in a row that De Rosario has won this award. Of the five finalists, his goal got 36.51%. You can watch the winner here (Windows Media Player format).

After the goal, this is what De Rosario had to say:

"I was just thinking, 'I'm going to hit this ball as hard as I can.' It was one of my highlight goals off free kicks. I don't think I've ever scored a free kick like that."

By the way, I noted this goal as a "Work of Art" right after it happened. I'm glad to see that other people have a similar taste in the finer things of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home