Sunday, November 27, 2005

Garber says Wizards to stay in KC; News to Hunt

It seems MLS commissioner Don Garber said that the Wizards will stay in KC for 2006. He spoke these words on a Houston radio station on Wednesday night.

“I said, ‘What’s going on with KC?’ and he just said, ‘We’ll remain in KC for the 2006 season,’ ” Davis said Friday.

However, the owner of the club, Lamar Hunt, says that no deal has been made.

“I’m not aware of what he said or what context it was,” Hunt said of Garber’s pronouncement. “I have not talked to him in about eight or nine days, but I’m not sure what the context was of what he was saying. But from our standpoint, we have nothing to announce yet.”

I'm not sure why Garber would say this if he didn't feel it was true. Could it be that the team is going to stay, but Hunt wants to wait till next week to make the annoucement? You are not going to get much media attention if you put something out during Thanksgiving week. Or could this be frustration on Garber's part? I'm sure he wants this and the San Jose situations resolved soon. When 1/6th of your league is in limbo, it must be a little straining.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home