Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Garber now at "No Comment" stage with the Wizards

Almost one week has passed since MLS Commissioner Don Garber stated that KC would retain the Wizards, but has since shifted his words. Actually, he is now saying nothing on the matter according to MLS press officer German Sferra.

The clubs owner Lamar Hunt was a little surprised by Garber's statement saying, “We’re still in the same negotiating posture that we’ve been in and in fact have two of the same basic two groups … that we’ve been talking to. As of yet, we don’t have anything to announce.”

As I stated earlier, I don't think last week's statement was an accident. I think he was trying to put some pressure somewhere. Where, I don't know. I also don't know if it worked, but I guess we will know soon enough. If the Wizards do end up leaving the Land of Oz, them Garber will look like someone who is out of touch with his own league.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home