Monday, April 17, 2006

Lalas now President and GM of LA Galaxy

Alexi Lalas denied the rumor all last week, but guess what, it is true. The red head is no longer a Red Bull, instead he is back with the team on which he won the 2002 MLS Cup, 2001 US Open Cup and the 2000 CONCACAF Champions Cup, the LA Galaxy.

"This is an incredible opportunity to return to a team that I know and love," said Lalas. "Doug Hamilton established a standard of excellence for this club, on and off the field, and it is our responsibility to continue to live up to that standard."

As far as the Red Bulls, here is what Lalas had to say: "This is a bittersweet moment for me. While I'm excited about the opportunity to return to the L.A. Galaxy, I'm also sad to be leaving this team and this area after such a short period of time. I wish nothing but the best for this organization, on and off the field, and I firmly believe that with Red Bull's involvement, the sky is the limit."

Once Red Bull took over, everyone kind of figured out that Lalas was soon to depart, so this is no surprise.

Anyway, I'm sure Amado Guevara is now a very happy man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home