Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Jimmy Conrad, "I'm on the outside looking in"

Jimmy Conrad doesn't think his chances are that great for making the US World Cup squad since he took a lot of the blame for the German 4-1 beating. Goal.com has the story.

Conrad said, "I don’t think I was on the team prior to the Germany game, and I don’t know if I knocked myself on or off after the game. I think I’m still in the same position I was: that’s on the outside looking in and just trying to fight and get on there."

Last year's MLS defender of the year says he will be happy with whatever US coach Bruce Arena decides adding, "This time a year ago I hadn’t even had my first cap, so to be in the position I am now – it’s an honor to be part of the bubble."

Conrad has looked okay for KC since coming back from hernia surgery, but it's still a long way till making the trip to Germany. On the plus side, it seems like he has a good attitude towards the whole thing.

Just a reminder, Bruce Arena will announce the 23-man roster live on ESPN next Tuesday (May 2).

Turns out he was not so outside after all. If you are looking for the actual US World Cup roster, look here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home