Monday, April 10, 2006

Hiddink will coach Russia

Guss Hiddink has announced that he will be the next coach of the Russian national team. Hiddink will leave PSV Eindhoven at the end of the season and will coach Australia during the World Cup.

He made the announcement on a TV program. Here is what he said:

'I'm glad that this is off my chest now,' said Hiddink, who had been one of the early front-runners touted as a replacement for departing England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

'If all the final details in my private life are settled as planned the deal will be sealed.

'I have been to Russia already to look at things and I already know that it will be fun to work there. They have some young players with a great future, as far as I can tell now.

'I will live in Amsterdam and fly to Russia whenever it's needed. That could be for a period of several weeks or just for a few days.'


No England, no America, no anywhere else, just Russia.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home