Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Chelsea coach wants goal-line technology

No big surprise but Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho wants FIFA to implement goal-line technology as soon as possible. Seeing as Mourinho still believes that Liverpool did not actually score the goal that saw his side out of the Champions League last season, this is not a surprise.

The technology is being used during the U-17 World Championship currently underway in Peru. I have not heard any complaints about the system, but I am also not sure if any close goals have been decided by the system.

Still, if this technology is proven to work, then I think it should be used across the professional leagues, however the final decision should always rest with the referee. It would serve the same purpose as the linesman by being an aid to the ref.

However, I think this will be a hard sell since people seem to fear that introducing this technology might lead to instant replays or other such garbage. I can see their point, but I also hate the "but it did/didn't go in" arguments that seem to always be somewhere in the soccer world, so I say go with the tech once it has been fully tested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home