Sunday, July 15, 2007

Oliver Kahn to leave Bayern Munich

Oliver Kahn has made it official, unless backup keeper Michael Rensing is seriously injured, he will retire from Bayern Munich next summer.
“Next year I will be 39 and it will be time to take the shorts off. After that I have a few things planned in Asia.”

Kahn chose Asia as his retirement destination during the 2002 World Cup.

“I have often visited those countries and have many friends in China, Japan and Korea. I like the mentality of the people. My work there will take a few years” he revealed.
Kahn has ruled out playing for another side and hopes to use this season to go out on top.

“The team has the chance the win everything, that is my goal. If you’ve played 13 or 14 years like me, then you don’t want to end your career with a season like last year.”

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home