Tuesday, March 27, 2007

DCenters leading the way again

I've got to hand it to DCenters, they really know how to support a team. Not only do they give excellent player and club information, but they are now working on improving the experience fans coming out to RFK for the first time.

New Fan's Guide: The idea was apparently interesting to United's marketing folks, but they were talking about hiring a writer or perhaps finding a template to tweak. I think we can do one better. So here's what I say: We write our own orientation guide. Yeah, us. Just a few pages, covering things on where and how to buy tickets, what to wear to the game, what to look for during the game, and what to do after the game if you want to see more. I figure we can make our own document and turn it over to United. Am I saying they'll use it? Nope, I have no guarantee on that whatsoever. Hell, we may give them something and they could decide it is useless. Or they may decide its useful, but want to do their own revisions. But I figure, as fans, we know a lot about what potential new fans might need to know, so we should do it.


It might not sound like much, but it really could be. A guide for new fans by the old guard would help bring the newbie’s into the community. This is something that needs to improve in the MLS and at the national team level.

Kudos to all over at DCenters for taking this on. Perhaps it will start a movement of blogs all around the league. If so, the tough question becomes who will write the guide for the Wizards.

By the way, right after I saw this, I clicked on over to the Kin of Fish's link to the new ESPN MLS commercials. Talk about making me smile.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is good. I've been overseas to watch soccer matches, and get the feeling that unless you know someone who knows where to go and what to do, it can be easy to get lost.

10:48 PM  
Blogger D said...

Mike: Thanks for the plug. Depending on how the experience goes, we'll be happy to share our lessons learned with other fans if there is interest.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Mr. Fish said...

Thanks for the link as always, sir.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home