Thursday, May 18, 2006

Two weeks of soccer in 45 words or less

What a two weeks of soccer to miss. All countries named their World Cup teams, the LA Galaxy beat Real Salt Lake as the worse team in MLS and Italy shows just how bad corruption can get (and Jack Warner is nowhere to be found).

All and all, it's been exciting to watch even if I haven't been able to share my thoughts about it. Anyway, I'm back and ready for the final run to the World Cup.

By the way, I was in Australia on the day they announced the roster for the Socceroos and I have to admit, I was a little jealous. The event happened at 11am and was carried live on just about every channel (granted, I only had access to about 5, but still, impressive). The evening paper had big write-ups about it and it was something a lot of people on the street and in the trains were talking about. Yes, the pointy ball sport of rugby was still the big sports news, but soccer was not an after thought in any way.

Some day it will be the same in the USA.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I think 2 weeks in Australia is a worthy substitute for 2 weeks of soccer news.

Glad you're back.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Mike H said...

Thanks to both.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home