Thursday, February 02, 2006

US Men and pop culture

In the last 24 hours I have seen two examples of US soccer players working their way into the realm of American pop culture. Landon Donovan got his chance to show of his "crib" last night. He lives in a very nice, although a little cluttered for my taste, home. However, Landon was not that exciting of a subject. He seemed embarrassed by the whole thing.

Then this morning I pop over to TriSoccerFan and see Clint "Deuce" Dempsey's music video for "Don't Tread." This is the video that they mentioned during this past Sunday's game against Norway. Anyway, the music isn't bad, but it just not my sort of thing. It almost seems like a parody of itself in points, but the ending is nice. So feel free to take a look.



I don't think a video that is part of an ad campaign is going to break through, but it will be fun to see if it gets any sort of reaction outside the soccer world. I'm going to guess no, but who knows. I never thought I would be getting a tour of Donovan's place and then, bang, there it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home