Friday, March 23, 2007

LA Galaxy get Herbalife

The LA Galaxy, also known as Beckaxy, have found their shirt sponsor. And the winner is global nutrition, direct-selling company Herbalife. The deal is for five-years.

The financial number was not released other then to say it is a multimillion deal. That said, the Real Salt Lake shirt deal with XanGo is worth $4-5 million for four years. Since LA has a lot more history, a larger market, stronger attendance numbers and some guy named Beckham, chances are the value is a lot more. It will be interesting to see if a number is leaked, but if I had to guess, I would say $15-20m.

Just to put that in perspective, Chelsea recently got about $95m for a five-year deal with Samsung while Man U got $110m for four years with Vodafone.

So how did Herbalife team up with the AEG owned Galaxy?

From the press release:

Herbalife first became a sponsor of AEG-owned and operated events in 2005. The Herbalife name will appear in conjunction with the team name on all official team wear and replica jerseys and other select team merchandise. The agreement also makes Herbalife the official sponsor of all international and exhibition games; provides it with increased media exposure, including television commercials and radio spots; exposure on the 110, 10, 405 and 91 freeways; and Web presence and sponsorship of Los Angeles Galaxy grass roots and community programs.


All and all, good news for LA and the MLS. By the way, the image above is just my little creation and is not anything official.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Egregius said...

What a beautiful blog!!
I line in Italy end soccer is more popoular sport in Italy.
I'm a A.S ROMA supporter and FRANCESCO TOTTI's our best player!!!
I posted some pictures end video on www.mangiotuttoio.spaces.live.com

Have a good time!

Excuse me for my bad english.
bye bye

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AIG not Vodafone

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It might be just me, but the shirt sponsor, name along with the location of the team all seem like a ode to weed.....

11:23 AM  
Blogger Soccer Jersey Bargains said...

"Beckaxy?" I don't think I can pronounce that...

Anyways, I think it's a good deal for MLS teams to get sponsored, and it will help them compete for players with all the leagues in Europe and the Americas, no matter how ugly it is.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hello, This is Mary

I am 36 years old with 2 toddlers. My youngest just started day care last week- which still feels a little strange. I haven't had this much time to myself in years. First thing I want to do is lose the extra pounds I put on during the last pregnancy. One of the girls next door has suggested I join her walking group two days a week. After my first pregnancy I lost around 35 pounds using the Herbalife products, but when I called the man that sold them to me three years ago he told me this week he doesn't sell them anymore. He told me to look on the internet. It's disappointing because he was really nice and he called me regularly to make sure I was using their products correctly. It was nice to have someone checking in with me every week to see how I was and it kept me motivated.

I searched on the internet for someone that sells Herbalife in New Jersey. I found many websites but I don't want
just to buy the products, I want to find someone trustworthy that sells the products so I can also meet them and get started again.

Could anybody here recommend someone in New Brunswick?

Thanks, Mary

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mary,

From one mom to another I think I have a solution for you!! I want to lose 40 pounds, and I've lost 28 so far!!! I am feeling fantastic and have more energy

than I did when I was in college. I went through three different Herbalife distributors until I found the person I felt really actually cared about me and helped

me to start getting results. The bottom line was that I wanted to find somebody that could offer me good prices, but that could also check in with me to

make sure I was doing ok.

I used to drive two hours to meet with my first distributor in West Haven, Connecticut. I even brought the girls with me a few times because I couldn't find

a babysitter. Today my Herbalife coach does everything over the phone and it is much easier with my busy schedule. You can order Herbalife online on

his website, you get the shakes a few days after with FedEx and then you can setup a telephone meeting once a week to make sure you are doing the

program right.

His name is Danny Castello and his website is www.goshape.com. The number is (310) 928- 3835. He and his

girlfriend Michaela actually do most of the coaching together as a team, but she has an Herbalife site as well: www.puresteps.com. He does most of the motivation on the call and gives you important facts regarding nutrition.

He can be a bit tough but he really wants you to get results. She is a bit softer- so they make a good combination. Actually I also recommend joining his

newsletter first so you can see the articles on nutrition. They also have videos so you can see who they are before actually calling them. Its nice because

they actually use the products too. You can see on their websites.

Hope this helps!

Liz

5:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check this website out, HOLY COW, changed my business around dramatically
The Best D**N Training In The Industry.
Learn How To Create Your Own Leads And
Generate Instant Cash In Any Company.
http://workfreely.magneticsponsoringonline.com

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home