Tuesday, August 16, 2005

US Captin Claudio Reyna returns

After a two month break from international duties (and soccer in general), Claudio Reyna returned to the US training camp on Sunday. When asked why he took so much time off, he had this to say:

"It was primarily just to get a rest and get a really good break, consecutive weeks off. In my 12 years in Europe, I've never been there for a preseason and I just thought it was important for me to do that. It was nothing more than that. I think if I was with the U.S. team, I would have been in and out of fitness again. I think with so many injuries (with the Gold Cup team), it was too risky to go back to my club with an injury."

Even at age 32, Reyna is a wonderful player. I think he will be a little rusty during Wednesday's match, but he will still be a factor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home